AD- This blog post is in partnership with Domkapa
Domkapa might not be a brand that you are familiar with, neither was I until I came across them a few months ago. They hold a tremendous passion for detailed stitching, presenting several similarities to the haute-couture philosophy focused on the value of a “made by hand”.
Based in Portugal, Domkapa fuses design and comfort to create beautiful furniture that not only makes a bold statement but is also manually produced by local Portuguese suppliers using local materials meaning it’s supporting the local economy.
The quality of the furniture is paramount and every piece is handcrafted from scratch meaning you can customise your pieces to perfectly suit your project.
Made to last.
I’m a huge advocate of buying pieces for the home which are stylish but also timeless and made to last. When choosing something like a new sofa for your home it’s a big decision and not one that you want to have to make again in a few years time. Domkapa offer an exquisite selection of timelessly elegant furniture which is perfect for creating a home that you love.
My top five statement pieces from their 2022 Catalogue.
- 1. Greta Armchair. I often struggle with an armchair and footstool duo but I love this pair, it combines comfort and design so well.
- 2. Margot bed – This is one of my favourite pieces in the 2022 collection. I love the design of the headboard, how’s it divided into two for additional comfort plus the beautiful soft lines and texture of the fabric.
- 3. The Shinto sofa is such a showstopper. I love the beautiful upholstery defined with the piped edging. The modular design means you can arrange it into any desired shape to suit your space.
- 4. Angles puff – The angular geometric design make this such a statement piece which will enhance any interior.
- 5. Camille bar stool – One of the nicest bar stools I’ve seen for a long time, the pleated back combined with the tapered legs are perfect.
Domkapa have announced that this year they will be exhibiting at Decorex, Europe’s leading high-end interior design event from 9th-12th October at Olympia London. Decorex champions the best interior products made from high quality materials with a roster of inspiring design talks covering a range of topics from the industry’s leading experts.
To register for tickets click here. If you are already registered, you can find Domkapa at stand F155. I’d highly recommend you go check out their elegantly handcrafted collection.